19 October 2015

Movie Review: The Martian


Back in July I read the Andy Weir's book The Martian and posted a positive review of that here.
I went and saw the movie today and thought a follow up was warranted.

Ridley Scott has doen a great job with the film adaptation and stayed very true to the book.  At 2hr 22 min he had to cut a few of the challenges that Astronaut Mark Watney faces on the Red Planet, and he added a few scenes at the end which overall I think gave a better sense of closure to the story.

With only one exception, I thought the casting was very good and the characters.  Sean Bean doesn't even die in this movie, which makes a change for him.

Overall, a very good movie.  Read the book first and its even better.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Paul. I really liked the book but was wondering about the movie. Thanks I will go see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See it in 3D. Really enjoyable experience. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to read the book then. Been pondering the movie, but sounds like reading it first would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know, will have to get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great movie. Now I need to read the book. Excellent ideas for Martian terrain if your contemplating wargames on Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who was your casting exception?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't matter, such things are a very personal perspective

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete