27 December 2020

AHPC XI: Nurgle Blood Bowl team

My new team: the Quarantine Breakers!!!

Presenting my new Nurgle Team! Actually the lad gave it to me for Father's Day..last year..but it just some attention for the new edition of Blood Bowl.  It was one of those WIP projects that didnt quite get finished before AHPC XI started (we were too busy playing!) so all that counts are the two 1 point balls :-)



For the Beast of Nurgle (now called a Rotspawn) I am using this guy which I already had: https://tasmancave.blogspot.com/2013/05/beast-of-nurgle.html

The only problem is that the team only comes with two of the four pestigors, which are key players as the only ones which reasonable agility for ball handling. Unfortunately, additional pestigor models aren't available for sale. The search continues...

I really like how the colour scheme, and was after something other than the usual pale green and yellow you usually associate with the Lord of Decay. I must admit to following the "Deep Sick Divers" recipe at the Tale of Painters: https://taleofpainters.com/2019/07/tutorial-nurgles-rotters-blood-bowl-team/

I did modify a few colours, namely:

- Flesh was a base of Celestra Grey, Druchii Violet wash, Ulthuan Grey highlight, and Pallid Wych Flesh ultra-highlight

- Metallics were old school GW Dwarven Bronze with an Agrax Earthshade wash and Runefang for scratches and dents.

- Pustules were either Pink Horror with Tentacle Pink highlight (yes my original 1990s era Tentacle Pink FINALLY put to use!), or Uriel Yellow, Baal Red wash and a Flash Gitz highlight

Modelling note: 

The Pitch lines were done by painting the thin edge of a paddle-pop stick white and then pressing it to the turf (Reilly's idea)

2 comments: