23 December 2020

AHPC XI: Chapel Ruin

 One's first entry of any AHPC season is always satisfying, and its great to get one inside the first 24hrs:  day off work is helpful in this regard, as is needing it for a big Christmas Eve battle! Presenting my Ruined Temple.  Its fantasy themed but generically useful. 


Its a MDF kit I got at CanCon a year ago from a small Australian company Terrainheim (based in Adelaide p see their nice stuff here https://terrainheim.com/).  I find MDF challenging to work with sometimes but am happy with how this came out*  I added more colour inside to suggest a former splendour, with coloured tiling etc. I think it worked out ok.

I added some extra blocks and bits as fallen rubble

It fits a good block of defenders so Archers can defend it and lurkers hide within and spring from ambush, like this block of 20 Gors of my Bloodsnout Tribe.


So I am off the mark for AHPC XI with 1.5 terrain cubes and a Chamber for a total of 50 points.

https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/12/from-paulog-ruined-temple-terrain-50.html

Meanwhile, the Lad is furiously painting his first entry of Dwarves for Thursday's battle.

* I have a club buddy who, since discovering 3D printing, says that "Friends don't let friends use MDF terrain" but its still the year of COVID so what the heck!

2 comments: