20 December 2020

AHPC Season XI is upon us - Project reveal

With just over 24 before the start of AHPC XI, a frenzy of prep is underway in the Man Cave with both Dad and Lad entrants this year.  Sidetracked only significantly by actually playing games and trying to finish off some projects on the desk.  Mostly we are both focusing on Warhammer Fantasy projects and a couple of Blood Bowl teams, but I was distracted this week (what a surprise*) by the great initiative of a "World War of the Roses".


A period that has called to me for years, unsuccessfully, until now.  My initial inclination was for the Yorkists (having served in the destroyer HMS YORK for a year) but Alan already has a force for them** so its the Lancastrians for me, with this lovely starting pile of Perry happiness. Actually they might be my first Perry figures now that I think about it - how did that ever happen?


So amongst the Dwarves, Goblins and Beastmen, expect to see some Billmen, Men at Arms, Bidowers, Prickers and more. Rules wise Lion Rampant is always an option but I'm keen to explore the new Never Mind the Billhooks rules which came out in Wargame Illustrated 393 and has a good FB group. If I get truely excited perhaps I may expand it to a WAB army.

Hope everyone is having a merry Festive Season despite any COVID challenges, and good luck to all in the Painting Challenge!

*Yes, I'm bloody hopeless!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this years Challenge - those are some very nice Perry figs you have there!

    ReplyDelete