13 September 2026

Into the Old World!

I like to post pics from our games and find the Blogs are the best long format way to that (as modern social media is all short form). 


In looking for some pics recently, I discovered this Feb 2024 game wasn't posted at the time, so I'm doing so retrospectively a few years later to capture it.


This Gobbos vs Beastmen battle was our first foray from WHFB 8th edition into Old World Rules, and Slowpainter John joined Reilly and I for this learning game.


We clearly had a good time based on all the beer steins that were in the original pics (and now edited out!) 







The field of battle:

I didn't quite get to finish that broken tower but this was its first outing; as centre piece terrain it worked well (yes, that is a bathtub on the top level!)


The opposing armies:


My beastie boys

Action shots:
No retreat! No Surrender!

Ouch!


My BSB that Reilly painted for me during AHPC


IIRC this did not end well for the Dragon Ogres...


Overall I recall we found the rules quite a good adaptation from 8th edition, though the changes to the magic system to integrate the effects in all turn phases will need more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment