07 September 2023

Bolt Action fun

Recently, Reilly and I threw down for some WW2 action. My Socials feed from the day reads thus:
Getting our bolt action on: US paras (painted by Reilly) v Germans (painted by Patch) 1250 points in Normandy #beatpaulsson





All reactions:

US howitzer opening shot. Needs a 6 to hit right? Hmm… Boom!



US Greyhound takes my 222 Armoured Car under fire. 6 to hit - so I didn’t Recce away. Guess what he rolled…




Remember that time the US Air Force dropped a bomb right on Hans and his comrades crewing the Pak40? No, they don’t either….




Tiffin card arrives!




After another US ground attack fighter eliminated an entire infantry squad, I thought a taste of home might help the boys’ flagging morale


And the US light mortar finished the game in style, lobbing a sighting salvo into my last remaining squad. Needless to say, I did not #beatpaulsson 😎





So yeah, that was a game. Throughly enjoyable as to seeing what hijinks the boy could pull off next, and if I would have anything left on the table by Turn 5!

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding, Paul! My son, too, rolls a scary amount of "6s". I'd love to say I go easy on him, but I actually don't have to because lady luck is over his shoulders :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Yeah - I usually get towelled up pretty good too! :-)

      Delete
  2. Have to add my own recollection of my own son rolling far too many 6's in our wargames. He certainly didn't get that luck from his Dad.

    Great looking battle Paul. Your explosion marker is very cool too, have you posted up how you made it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! I know the feeling :-)
      No, no tutorial here but it was a simple build with some torn up blister foam and zenithal sprayed

      Delete