02 January 2015

2015 Plans

First of all - Happy New Year to all!  May 2015 bring you health, happiness and hobby time aplenty!

I've learnt not to set myself up with unrealistic hobby objectives, especially when I have a bunch of academics keeping me busy.  Then again, I'm one of those guys who likes to have a few goals to keep me focused.  So what's down my 2015 hobby path...

Unusually I will quite deliberately buy more than I intend to paint.
Indeed I intend to paint nothing this year and buy lots so that will be an easy win I think!

Currently my acquisition plan is focusing on:
  • WW2 Desert War forces in 15mm, in preparation for Battlegroup Tobruk early next year.  Still working with Dux to confirm what period we are going for.  So far all we have decided is not Tunisia.  I like Operation Crusader (late 41) as a marker, with options for a little later so we can try some better tanks mixed in with the lighter stuff
  • 28mm Pulp/Horror goodies. One can never have enough cultists, eldritch horrors or deep-one hybrids.
  • A few more companies for In Her Majesty's Name.
  • Get myself some new Blood Bowl Star Players and sideline figures, maybe a new team too (Goblins at long last?)
  • Celebrate the Centenary of Gallipoli this year by getting myself some colonial ANZAC figures
  • In considering new shiny things I will make at least a cursory effort to perceive the differences between games I would like to play, games I really want to play and games I am likely to play.  
* Attend at least one major gaming convention - I have my eye on Historicon in July.  An opportunity to meet some other bloggers there, including Miles from "Lair of the Uber Geek" and Herrodadog from "The Historical Miniaturist". That would be very cool.

* Attend at least one major Blood Bowl tournament - hopefully Chaos Cup in Chicago - and meet some of the cool North American Blood Bowlers I have emailed and chatted with over the years.

* Introduce Reilly to a new wargame, a traditional hex and counter style game which is quite different to the more visually based miniatures games he has played like Blood Bowl.  I have a cunning plan but lips must remain sealed until his birthday later this month.  I'm really looking forward to it though.

* Try to maintain 2 blog posts per week, but only if they value add.

* Given that I'm not gaming much and painting not at all, live vicariously through others' Blogs!

So thats the rough outline for the year.  Modest? Indeed. Achievable? I hope so!

Good Luck to all in the 2015 hobby endeavour and may the tribulations of real life not get in the way :-D

9 comments:

  1. Go for it. Have a great 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very achievable! All the best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the plans Paul! All the best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now's the time to stock up on all those North American suppliers. Sounds like a sound plan to me. I look forward to the next installment of the Wargaming Dad saga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing how many suppliers are still UK based actually. In Australia they all seem to be 'over there somewhere with high postage rates to the antipodes'. Now that I'm in the US its amazing how many are in the UK with postage rate 'outside Europe' being the same so its no cheaper to be here than in Oz! Hasn't stopped me of course...

      Delete
    2. We took a trip to the UK last summer and I ordered a bunch of stuff and had it delivered to our vacation cottage. They thought it a little odd but it saved a boat load of money.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a plan and all the best to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good list to me! Best of luck to you in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete