02 October 2012

A Lucky Bugger!

You may have noticed that blog competitions are getting very popular these days.  Kudos to all of those who have generously helped to build a real online community.  I was chuffed recently to win the competition James was running at his blog 'Lost in the Warp'
James has some awesome stuff at his blog, from W40k to Blood Bowl, from Warmachine to Dust - if you haven't been there before - go check it out!

So what did I win? Well he gave me a choice actually, and sent me a list of limited edition Games Day figs and asked to me choose - it was a tough choice to be honest, so I enlisted Right Stuff's help and between us we decided to go with the 2006 games Day Demon Slayer fig - which we intend use as a coach/turn marker for our Dwarf Blood Bowl team!
The 2006 Game Day fig as posted at Cool Mini 
Thanks indeed James - he will be put to very good use indeed and I promise to post pics once he is painted up.

So as my way of saying thanks to James and giving back, I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and will also run a competition to celebrate when the Man Cave reaches a Quarter of a Million hits.  I'll have a look around the cave and see what goodies I have available!  In the meantime I'll enjoy my special figure and count myself as being a 'lucky lucky b@stard!"

11 comments:

  1. Nice one! Its always great to win a comp! I'm sure the figure will score many a touchdown in his new career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning! "they must think the sun shines out your arse, sonny." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetbix. A figure worthy of gracing any gamer worth their salts shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!
    And the prize is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of that demon slayer and roll on 250k hits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on winning and that figure looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the win and nice figure! I would agree the internet promotions are cropping up more and more...I got a new one for Dice of Legends soon for some Old West goodies....

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks to me like you are halfway to an entry to the build a deathroller competition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool prize. Just when I am making a Dwarf army as well.
    Congrats.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very welcome man - keep up the good work on this blog eh?

    ReplyDelete