07 November 2021

Moongrunt Redux


I recently rediscovered GZG's Moongrunt 15mm SF range, some 5 years after my initial interest (when I showed remarkable and uncharacteristic restraint). The AppleTV series "For all Mankind" has some great inspiration for the genre, and there are some lovely models like these around the blogosphere too




Then there some ideas for using the Tomorrow's War rules here:

and who doesn't want an old Soviet LK luna Lander?

My friend Peter printed this Lander for me - thanks mate!


And if you are anything like me, a nice map will get your juices flowing - here are some Cold War era ones in 150 and 350dpi res https://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/mapcatalog/LMP/

So while I didn't end up buying figures last time...thanks quarantine hobby binging!

My starting US Forces


Moongrunt updates to follow! Thanks to club mate Peter for arranging the order, and to Jon at GZG for the stellar service (as always!)






8 comments:

  1. Hopefully we'll be seeing those getting painted up during the coming AHPC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks very cool. Those space GIs will need a moonbase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the need to fabricate a Moon Nazi army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't alone Darren!
      If you haven't seen it before, this is an amusing read:

      https://ospreypublishing.com/nazi-moonbase

      Delete