18 April 2012

P is for Pitch Invasion!

Every time play commences the kicking player rolls on a random event chart called (funnily enough) the Kick-Off Table.  All sorts of crazy things can occur, but on a roll on 12 (on 2d6) a Pitch Invasion occurs.

Fans from both sides run onto the pitch, looking to get back at the opposition players or give their own team a big, over-enthusiastic hug.  Coaches roll a d6 for each of their players (adding FAME bonuses) and on a 6 or more, the player is stunned when play commences!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is just brilliant! Not all bad news though if your team gets hugged by the young lady in bottom photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened to me today, I managed to beat the Necromancers as well! 2-1 I had the Lizard Men

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second pics my favourite kind of invasion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 2nd favorite kick off result!
    First is Blitz.. if I am kicking. Otherwise let chaos reign and give me a Pitch Invasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo choice Paul. I can see why a pitch invasion could be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny as I couldn't remember the last time I had that result on a game (for sure more than 3yrs) and my last league game I got it while kicking, and got almost half my team facing the grass (and cost me a TD).

    Along with 'Riot' and 'Blitz' can turn out to be a serious tactical problem for either coach depending on the results.
    Literally, "let chaos reign" as mentioned by Mr. Ferret!

    ReplyDelete