12 April 2012

K is for Knocked out

It may (or may not) be difficult to fathom that  players who take the field to play Blood Bowl could possibly get hurt.  Sometimes they are broken badly, occasionally they are killed, and sometimes they get Knocked Out.  And that is where the Bloodweiser Babes come in!

Players who are knocked out are removed from the pitch until they recover.  After each drive (including the half time break) you roll a d6 for each player and on a 4+ they can retake the pitch.  On a 1 to 3, they stay in the KO box.  This is where investing in some more lovely ladies (who are different to cheerleaders) can be most handy...
Bloodweiser Babe painted by the talented Laughing Ferret Studio
You purchase a keg of extra-special Bloodweiser magic ale for 50,000 gold pieces, and get a lovely lady to serve players before going out for each drive. The combination of the ale and the young lady serving it means that for each purchase of this inducement, players on the team gain a +1 modifier to recover from KO’d for this match.

You can buy two of these (at 50k each) so that a KOed player will recover on anything but a 1.  A great investment for any team, I find Bloodweiser babes very useful for lower armour teams like Skaven, Elves, Norse and Amazon where you players will get knocked about a bit.  And of course, it provides yet another fun modelling opportunity!

Bloodweiser Babe figure by Impact Miniatures
Want to know more? http://bbtactics.com/bloodweiser-babes/
The Bloodweiser Babes for the Undead proved unpopular with other teams...

11 comments:

  1. I like the idea and look of them obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing fine there until I got to the last picture! :0
    You did a lovely job onthose minis, especially the shading on the beer in the first pic. Made me thirsty just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about them first two pics I like, just can't put my finger on it????

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could put your finger on it Ray, but they may break it ;)

    That first mini looks familiar ;)

    I love taking the wenches. I have such a hard time rolling 4+ for the knock outs, if I have 4 or 5 in there only 1 is coming back, I know it- I need all the help I can get.

    The last picture makes the most sense- injury or no, I'm leaving that box, back to the field to get away from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You painted that David? Thanks for that, I've added a credit caption and link. Who makes that figure? I am planning to make a bar as a piece of sideline terrain

      We all need all the help we can get :-)

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's one of mine :)
      It's from Reaper, available separately but also in a set of 3, that you might like if you're going to make a bar!
      http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/wench/sku-down/65086

      Delete
    3. Sorry about that, I didn't realise. Its appropriately labelled now!

      Thanks for the link - a whole selection of wenches :-)

      Delete
  5. Brilliant, the more I read about Blood Bowl, the more I'm tempted to have a go! Bloodweiser Babes; wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't want to run into them in a dark alley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the only trouble is getting the players to actually return to the game instead of staying with the girls

    ReplyDelete