17 November 2010

Bloodbowl Magnetic Scoreboard

Very effective yet brutal in its simplicty - love it!
From Boromir and Ketmit's Hobby Page
-------------------------------------------
I finished off my magnetic Blood Bowl 7s Scoreboard today. I’m really happy with how it turned out.
The materials used were things found very easily and cheaply. This is what you need to make it.
  • Paddlpop sticks
  • 2 Skewers
  • 2 Corks
  • 1 thin fridge magnet
  • Some foamcore
  • Small washers
  • PVA glue
  • Superglue
  • Paint
To start I chopped the skewers down to slightly longer than the desired height of the scoreboard. The sharp ends are smeared in PVA glue and stuck into the centre of the upright cork.
Once dry, simply glue the paddle pop sticks on to make the board section and then wait for it to dry.
Once dry, paint it up however you see fit. Cut up your fridge magnet so you get two small squares and glue them onto the scoreboard.  This is what it should look like:





Then all you need to do is create the score markers. These are made by cutting up small squares of foamcore and cutting cracks in them. Make sure these squares are larger than the magnet pieces you cut out.
Paint them up with the numbers on them and then superglue a small washer to the back of the number.
Once dry these will stick to the magnetic squares on your board.
Here is what the finished score markers look like:
The only problem with this scoreboard is that it makes the dugouts look very untextured and flat. The Worldworks Games (WWG) stuff is awesome, but I find it doesn’t mix well with scratchbuilt terrain. This means that I’m going to have to scratchbuild some dugouts to go on the board.
The WWG Chunky Dungeons that I have made can be put to good use when I build my DungeonBowl board later in the year.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.
- Ben.

1 comment:

  1. Always stopped by, started to follow your blog. I like what your doing with the Blood Bowl stuff. We have our third season at our store in a few weeks and your giving me some good ideas and inspiration. Going to borrow your scoreboard idea...credit will go to where it is due! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete