27 May 2011

Dark Age fortified village

As I continue to add to my Dark Ages village, I know that in due course I want it to be fortified to resist those pesky marauders who keep appearing.  I'm prioritising on the Church and a longship first, but in due course it will happen.

I was therefore delighted to find this rather wonderful step by step WIP of a Dark Ages fortified Celt village - very inspiring!  Its diorama style is too cluttered for gaming on as it is, but there is some wonderful detailing in it and I particularly like the half built hut.
http://alex-alex-wargames.blogspot.com/search/label/MAQUETAS

Perhaps if I give up work I'll have time to build all things I want to!

3 comments:

  1. That is fricking awesome! Reminds me of Rome Total War and all the barbarian villages you start out with when playing Gauls, Germans or Britons. Could also pass for a 13th warrior scenario game :D (I actually don't think that movie deserves all the bad rep it received).

    I think you should do the wall in 4 pieces for easy transport, roughly a quarter per piece. And keep all houses loose for a modular setup of the village. You also need a Greathall for your Viking lords feasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking village and something more that I need to make.I can understand your thinking. I also need to give up work to give me time for making things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I'm making an Irish ring-fort and will put it up on my blog when done. I'm making it totally mobile.

    ReplyDelete