28 January 2024

AHPC 14: Pestigors in the Old World

Those who study forbidden tomes know that within the dark forests of the Old World brood the evil  Beastmen, but some are dedicated to specific chaos powers. Those that choose the God of Decay and Pestilence are known as Magic the Gathering players Pestigors.

Pestigors: Baptised in Pus!

Amongst my stash of figs were these models begging for attention. These are metal 6th edition figures from 2003 and it took awhile to amass enough for the units size I desired under the old rules. I suspect that under the new system, small units may be more flexible so I will instead build them as 2 x 10 figure units.

Quite happy with the overall effect of the verdigris and rust effects!

To stand out amongst my Beastmen horde of mostly green and brown figures, I departed from the usual Nurgly greens. Instead, lighter sickly shades make the festering yellow and pink pustules look even lovelier. You're welcome!

Modelling note: paint colours used were the same as my Nurgle Blood Bowl team here:

https://tasmancave.blogspot.com/2020/12/ahpc-xi-nurgle-blood-bowl-team.html

Papa Nurgle's "Dream Team" take the field!

Just a small submission from me this week; 10 figs @ 5 points = 50 points. This will take me to my target, representing 8,000 points across the 10 AHPC seasons I've participated in.

And happy Australia Day today to all my fellow Aussies!


You can find this AHPC entry here:

 https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/2024/01/paul-og-pestigors-in-old-world-50-points.html


4 comments:

  1. They look outstanding Paul! Long live the Old World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colour shift to purples, very disturbing - in the best way you understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mr A, appreciated in the best way also :-)

      Delete