06 January 2024

AHPC 14: French Grenadiers

First post of the year and its great to be participating in AHPC 14 for my 10th Challenge! This year my target is a curiously specific 603 points, which is what I need to get me to 8,000 lifetime points.

"Mon dieu! Tre magnifique!" say the swooning Mesdemoiselles!

My Season 14 opening salvo is the start of my new Crimean War project. I'm starting with a French Brigade, and the Grenadier Garde is up first! As a larger, well equipped battalion it musters 36 Guardsmen and Officers. 

Allons enfants de la patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé !

Why the red bases you might ask? Because they will serve on Mars for our Space 1889 VSF campaign first - obvious really! Once thats done I'll redo the bases for a more routine deployment to the Crimea.

Their features are wonderfully sculpted - doing them some measure of justice was a challenge!

Models are by Great War Miniatures, distributed via Northstar. Painted in classic triad style - no speed/contrast paints were harmed in the making of this unit. I also discovered a new technique for painting small buttons - a toothpick! (Thanks for the tip John, and for the emergency flag resupply!)

A Brigade Commander's view of their march to Victory!

So off the mark with a 36 figure mini-bomb @ 5 points each, plus 20 points for shelving in the History section.  You can see my entry at the AHPC blog here:

https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/2024/01/from-paulog-vive-la-garde-200-points.html

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking unit, and 36 of them! I love the Martian campaign setting. So much room for creativity there. You guys are doing it proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks Aaron! You can see more of our Mars / Space 1889 shenanigans at my VSF blog here:
      https://pauljamesog.blogspot.com/

      Delete