21 January 2024

AHPC 14: More Caesarian Legionaries

Building on last week's expansion of my Caesarian army, this week I painted another 2 units and a Commander.

The Command stand is a great Aventine sculpt - a Legate focused on Crushing His Enemies and Seeing them Driven before Him, for the Glory of Caesar!

These two units were prepared similarly to my submission last week - veterans with some mismatched gear and dynamically based on 120mm frontage. They are a mix of Warlord and Wargames Factory Romans (OOP) - the latter aren't nearly as nice but do the job for troop bases like these.

Our weekly Antipodean paint and chats have been great to build some momentum, catch up with a bunch of Aussie and Kiwi challengers, and see friends olds and new. However, Kent was even more helpful this week - while I was looking for tips for  the leopard skin pelt on the standard bearer, I stumbled cross his tutorial at his YouTube channel- thanks mate! Here is the full 30min video it is for those who seek to emulate him better than me!


I hope I haven't embarrassed your tutorial Kent!

Added to last week's output my veteran Legionaries look thus

All my Legionaries (just on a hundred fugures) massed up are starting to look imposing (I hope!)


I do need to go base and redo the basing on 3 stands though

Points Wise that is 25 x 28mm figs for a total of 125 points. No bonuses for hand painted shields last week so I didn't bother with any this week!!!  :-)  but I was quite happy with how the vexillum came out.

This entry is at the AHPC site here: https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/2024/01/from-paul-og-more-caesarians-145-points.html

2 comments:

  1. These are a nice addition to the army. They are really starting to look great massed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks indeed Aaron!
      Got to add some Cavalry and light forces next I think

      Delete