26 November 2015

Fall-In: The Confession

Its been a few weeks so I can finally try and face up to my lack of restraint at Fall-In.
Plus SWMBO has gone out for a few hours so the coast is clear to take some pics...
"Mistakes were made"
To move through the stages of grief, I could offer rationalisations such as bargains, needs projects planned, past and future, the bad influence of an enthusiastic offspring and the fact that some of this horde arrived by mail and wasn't technically purchased at Fall-In.  Instead, lets just admit that mistakes were made and move onto the shiny.

You can never have enough trees and terrain can you?  I didn't think so either.  The Lad did amusedly note though, that I have perhaps bought more trees than figures in the last few years.  Each day at Fall-In he also teased me about going to go off to buy some more trees because we didn't have enough yet.  Cheeky bugger!

Lovely 15mm terrain for Battlegroup Kursk - by Mark IV Miniatures: http://markivminiatures.com

More Mark IV Miniatures, this time for Fall of the Reich.  These are for the Dux actually! The damaged Cathedral (lower left) is rather spectacular.

6mm terrain for our ECW Project by Monday Knight Productions http://www.mondayknight.com
The big fields are very nice too - they are by Battlefield Terrain Concepts  http://battlefieldterrain.com

Goodies for Flint and Feather, and Muskets and Tomahawks -  British Wilderness Force, 3 packs of the beautiful F&F minis, an Indian long house and a frontier log cabin.  Plus the M&T rulebook and activation cards.

Pulp Figures.  The Lad said he needed Hooded Minions.  Who was I to argue with such logic? Plus if you bought 5 packs, you got a 6th one for free.

More obscure: LAF Post Apoc Russians.  Yep.  But has you seen what Curt did with these minis?
http://analogue-hobbies.blogspot.com/2014/01/from-curt-28mm-post-apocalyptic-neo.html
C'mon, I'm only human!

These goodies, I am delighted to say, were raffle prizes from attending the WWPD podcast - thanks lads!  The MK IVs will be built as early models for service in North Africa.  No plan for the Comets at this stage though


And while I'm confessing, my Strange Aeons KS goodies arrived a month or two ago as well :-)

And that all makes me feel better.  Except that I just remembered we also bought all this stuff (plus more not in the picture)

So in summary - Look at the postage I saved if I had waited to order it all back home in Australia!

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

37 comments:

  1. Every year I look long and hard at those fields. Maybe I will pick some up at Cold Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really very nice.
      I got one with the rock walls and one with the hedges

      Delete
  2. Quite a haul! I've yet to attend a show...perhaps, that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for supporting our economy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its how I say "Thank you for having me" :-)

      Delete
    2. And, by the way, you were an instrumental part of that last set of purchases as I recall :-)

      Delete
  4. Paul, you are a hobby purchasing juggernaut - the industry bows to your lack of fiscal resolve. I hope you had enough time to tuck all that in the closet before the missus got home. :)

    Going to check out some of these retailers now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul, you are a hobby purchasing juggernaut - the industry bows to your lack of fiscal resolve. I hope you had enough time to tuck all that in the closet before the missus got home. :)

    Going to check out some of these retailers now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir! And yes, discretion is definitely the better part of valour in this case :-)

      Delete
  6. That is a very impressive haul. I'm feeling the need to step things up at Salute next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my two attendance I didn't get out of SALUTE without spending at least 200 quid!

      Delete
  7. Now that's a haul to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! Thats definitely NOT "what she said" :-)

      Delete
  8. It was definitely Curt's fault!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep Calm and Blame Curt almost made tea come out of my nose. I'm so stealing that. Over and over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!
      Glad I contributed some mirth and merriment to your day :-)

      Delete
  10. Oh yes he says "look at the postage I saved"......but you are heading back to the Great Southern Land soon....no! thus you pay for the move back.....or do us lucky tax payers pick up your bill?.......hahahaha. If so then I reckon one of those trees (the small one) is mine ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the taxpayers have sent me to lots of less nice places so think of it more as a "Thank you for your service" :-)

      Delete
  11. Now that's some swag right there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul there Paul! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It always makes me happy to see someone enjoying their haul of shiny goodness. As I am a professional lead toy pusher it makes my bank manager happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's an impressive haul indeed! And you can never have too many trees ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It all looks good to me so much I did not know I "Need". Thanks for Showing. And It can be our secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, until I saw it of course
      Thanks buddy :-)

      Delete
  16. Ha Nice Haul! Though you've posted it on the internet watch out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Would you look at that dearest, looks like I've been hacked..."

      Delete
  17. Hmmm, I wonder if there's a bounty if I rat you out to the wife....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure thats in the Thanksgiving spirit though my friend :-)

      Delete
  18. Bruce,

    And to think I felt guilty about all of the stuff I bought! No wonder the minivan got such poor mileage on the way back home.

    Of course you NEEDED all of that so post with pride.

    - Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could reply on you to understand Bruce!

      Delete
  19. You'll need more trees for Muskets and Tomahawks! Good swag.

    ReplyDelete