I've learnt not to set myself up with unrealistic hobby objectives, especially when I have a bunch of academics keeping me busy. Then again, I'm one of those guys who likes to have a few goals to keep me focused. So what's down my 2015 hobby path...
Unusually I will quite deliberately buy more than I intend to paint.
Indeed I intend to paint nothing this year and buy lots so that will be an easy win I think!
Currently my acquisition plan is focusing on:
- WW2 Desert War forces in 15mm, in preparation for Battlegroup Tobruk early next year. Still working with Dux to confirm what period we are going for. So far all we have decided is not Tunisia. I like Operation Crusader (late 41) as a marker, with options for a little later so we can try some better tanks mixed in with the lighter stuff
- 28mm Pulp/Horror goodies. One can never have enough cultists, eldritch horrors or deep-one hybrids.
- A few more companies for In Her Majesty's Name.
- Get myself some new Blood Bowl Star Players and sideline figures, maybe a new team too (Goblins at long last?)
- Celebrate the Centenary of Gallipoli this year by getting myself some colonial ANZAC figures
- In considering new shiny things I will make at least a cursory effort to perceive the differences between games I would like to play, games I really want to play and games I am likely to play.
* Attend at least one major Blood Bowl tournament - hopefully Chaos Cup in Chicago - and meet some of the cool North American Blood Bowlers I have emailed and chatted with over the years.
* Introduce Reilly to a new wargame, a traditional hex and counter style game which is quite different to the more visually based miniatures games he has played like Blood Bowl. I have a cunning plan but lips must remain sealed until his birthday later this month. I'm really looking forward to it though.
* Try to maintain 2 blog posts per week, but only if they value add.
* Given that I'm not gaming much and painting not at all, live vicariously through others' Blogs!
So thats the rough outline for the year. Modest? Indeed. Achievable? I hope so!
Good Luck to all in the 2015 hobby endeavour and may the tribulations of real life not get in the way :-D