13 November 2012

Cemetery WIP 2

This is an update of my Cemetery project (first pics here) having now done some basing.  I am a true believer in spending the time basing: it makes an average figure look good and a good figure look great (which is convenient since my brush work is pretty average), and terrain is no exception.
This time I've branched out with some of the brown leaf fall product from Secret Bases.  I'm going for a dishevelled/overgrown look rather than abandoned/dilapidated






I made some vines with dyed string to cover up some of the skulls, but didn't want to go too overboard.  This is the net effect:

19 comments:

  1. Wonderfull works ! Great lookink i love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good work there. Love the ivy creeping up the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. I wholeheartedly agree with you comments on basing.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely models. As already mentioned, that ivy looks great.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!!! I think that GW is going to sell a few of those thanks to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb looking scenery love what you've done with these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These look fantastic. Love the vines from string. I'll need to pick these up for my next Halloween game :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some beautiful work, love the vines and flowers growing everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress, really lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. I may have a go at making a central mausoleum for my own graveyard, and I need to do some creeping vines etc for the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cemetery stuff turned out great Paul! So much detail on that Garden of Morr set. Some pics of my mate's set in my last battle report.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  12. Note to self - look here for inspiration when doing the next phase of the Cemetery terrain project:

    http://mathyoo28mm.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/abney-park-cemetery.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the vines on your walls. It gives a nice extra level of detail... and as you say masks all those skulls :)

    ReplyDelete