09 November 2012

4Ground Barn

There has been a lot of talk around the place of late regarding laser cut mdf terrain and a company called 4Ground in particular.  naturally I wanted to see what all the fuss is about so I picked up a small barn/outhouse style building as a bit of a test.
Darn Cultists seem to be everywhere these days!
It slotted together very quickly, all parts fitting together very tightly and here it is a bare 10 minutes after I opened the packet.  Still needs some extra washes etc and I'll probably make a base for it too, but having scratch-built a bunch of buildings last year, I am a convert to these kits where I can spend my time adding detail instead of the basic structure (similar in fact to my concept with my Dark Ages Church)

I'll definitely be getting more, particularly the Dark Ages range.  See Tamsin's detailed review of some of those here, which are now on my 'need' list:
http://www.4ground.co.uk/

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post showing us more of this company. I have them on my watch list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ordered the barn yesterday -very much looking forward for this one!

    Thanks for sharing.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. Until now, I've never given much thought to this type of structure; but now, I'm going to investigate a little further. 'am hoping they provide 15mm items. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do - check their website for their 15mm range

      Delete
  4. All around awesomeness, I need to get in some of this. Very cool barn. Laser cut MDF is so hot right now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, and Tamsin did do a good job with hers. I may be a convert to Teddy bear fur for thatch. I was intending to use bar towels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teddy Bear fur all the way - having done a few buildings I am most pleased with my Dark Ages church and its layers effects

      Delete
  6. Aother company of laser cut MDF terrain I can personally vouche for is Sarissa Precision:

    http://www.sarissa-precision.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought this as a tester and its a nifty easy kit. Looks great after a few washes and very reasonably priced to

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not heard a bad word about these, tempted myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a number of building in their range and they are some of the best MDF laser cut building I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our gaming instincts remain in synch- I'd just ordered two 28mm WW2 buildings from 4Ground for my Bolt Action armies when I read your post......:-)

    ReplyDelete