27 November 2016

Bloodbowl - the new Season begins

We picked up our big box of fun today, including the Deathzone expansion.  Nice hefty weight to it!
The components are great - there are plenty of reviews around on the inter web, sufficient to say that its very cool, even to Blood Bowl veterans.
The happy Lad with his new shiny...
The same lad 5 1/2 years ago beating me for the first time :-)
Hmmm...that new game smell!
The pitch and dugouts are double sided - traditional grassy on one side and  Orky on the other
We had no time to loose, not even to make up the new players.  Out came some old favourites - Reilly's Da Smashing Pumpkinz (which he made up out of Warhammer Orc figures) and my trusty Skaven for a quick test drive.  We were rather rusty to start with but it all came back rather quickly.

I'd forgotten what a good job he had done on these guys and their basing matches the new pitch perfectly
The new pitch has some lovely detail
And yes, Reilly smashed my rats flat!
3 KOs and 3 Casualties in a single half.  Oh yes, I remember how playing Skaven goes again now...
And as a result of the return of "Right Stuff" Reilly, he is now signed up to AHPC VII to get some paint onto those nice new models.  And thus, we have the first ever Dad vs Lad side challenge!

27 comments:

  1. I've never played but some of the guys are expressing interest so it looks like I'll be playing in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta say, pretty happy seeing your Rats get smashed, esp by Orks, and doubly especially cos Right Stuff did the honours ! :-)
    Pitch looks pretty cool.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like old times. And we are due for a Shamrock Cup too my friend!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Go get it Miles - you enjoyed your test match recently!

      Delete
  4. I may have to break down and pick this up now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Pretty stoked on the new version even though I hadn't planned on paying it any attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't either, but then caved quickly :-)

      Delete
    2. Must be great to share the excitement with family!

      Delete
    3. Thats the best bit really :-)

      Delete
  6. Enjoy it!
    BB is still one of my favourite games. I ordered my copy a couple of days ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stefan! Its the fantasy boardgame version of NHL :-)

      Delete
    2. Not enough ice and pucks but I like the sporty touch of it anyway. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Fab to see. How old was he when you first introduced him to the Beautiful Game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around 10, and he picked it up very quickly too. Won his first game playing Norse in a tournament the following year, much to the amazement of his very well humoured Orc opponent (who was then teased mercilessly by his mates!)

      Delete
  8. oooh I'm liking the colour-coded numbers on the Ork bases - what a genius idea.
    I was happy to let this release pass me by but reading your post may have just changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I find the colour coding to be a very convenient way of tracking the different figs, and making it easy for my opponents

      Delete
  9. Terrific stuff. Looking forward to seeing how your Dad & Lad side challenge unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whats happened to the Blood Bowl Bug Paul? Why didnt we see you at Euc Bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been too long but I still love it
      I'm away up in Queensland with work at the moment so missed EucBowl

      Delete