Happy New Year to you all!
After our adventures through London and Norway in recent week (posts to follow), we saw the fireworks last night home in Sydney. So now its time to contemplate what I might attempt in 2016, particularly as I will be reunited with all my gaming and modelling stuff in a month or two. First up is:
- Analogue Painting Challenge: I've yet to complete an entry. I have a special 10,000 mile entry to complete and I'm hoping to get some 6mm ECW stuff completed too. Fingers crossed.
- Attending CanCon 2016 later this month, including the Aussie Bloggers' Meet-Up (Aussie Bloggers Meet-Up: CanCon 2016)
- Get into some regular gaming with Dux and his merry men.
Gaming releases I am really looking forward to this year:
- Battlegroup Tobruk - WW2 Desert expansion for my favourite period rules set
- Blood Eagle - Viking skirmishing by the author of In Her Majesty's Name (I already have the figures and terrain right?)
- Dragon Rampart
- Poseidon’s Warriors – Fleet actions in the Classical period 480BC-31BC
- The Hunters - WW2 solo submarine boardgame against the Imperial Japanese
Hmmm...this looks to be a suspiciously small list, what have I forgotten?
Projects in no particular order:
- 6mm ECW. I'm doing the Royalists while Dux does the Parliamentarians
- X-Wing campaign
- 15mm North Africa
- Finish off my Irish and Norman armies for SAGA
- Muskets and Tomahawks/Flint and Feather
- whatever the Lad gets himself into with his school gaming group - Jugula might be the first starting point
- rediscovering my trove of Epic miniatures and 15mm Vietnam goodies
- Napoleonic Sail gaming
Plus the inevitable shiny, redirection, and more shiny. Overall though, a refocus on painting and playing after 18 months without 'stuff'. But first I have to get into the new house and setup the new Man Cave. A much smaller abode in Sydney so no permanent gaming setup this time. C'est la vie