23 August 2015

Star Wars Costumes exhibit


I resented posted (here) about my trip to the EMP Museum in Seattle and all its great SciFi and Horror movie props.  Those were the permanent exhibits.  What was also super cool, was the special exhibit displaying a wide range of Star Wars costumes from all 6 movies.




I always thought these guys were really cool
Everyone will recognise this costume I think!

Put together by the Smithsonian, there is a lot of detail on the inspiration behind each of the costumes.  If you have the chance to see this, grab it

7 comments:

  1. Pretty cool. They had a similar exhibit locally here a few years back. Best part was they had a real person inside one of the stormtrooper uniforms which would "come to life" just in time to surprise some kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very awesome! What a great exhibit to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really interesting exhibition. Wonderful pictures although the last one is missing some... Liveliness. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would just love this, fabulous exhibition. I nearly missed this Paul as the Man Cave seems to have fallen off my blog roll. I am still listed as a follower, but I'm not seeing any updates! It has happened to a couple of others that I follow, all very annoying and frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am glad you rediscovered the Cave Michael!

      Delete
  5. Very nice- but I thought there were only three movies, surely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually would agree, but in this case the costume aspects were incredible - probably one of the few things that improved in the second set.

      That said, I saw all 6 movies at the theatre when they were first released :-)

      Delete