25 September 2014

Into a new Theatre

Having been looking forward to it for quite some time now, and undaunted by the recent news that Battlegroup's Western Desert rules will be delayed, I've bought the first bits for my DAK and 8th Army forces from a sale.

For the Germans I grabbed an 8-rad and two SdKfz 221s.  I already have some DAK infantry which I grabbed earlier in the year at CANCON.  On the Allied side is a pair of Mk 1 AEC armoured cars, 2 6pdr AT guns and a 2pdr portee.

As I say, not much, but a start! I saw a very nice tutorial for DAK painting and I intend to use that as a basis:  http://www.wwpd.net/2014/04/projekt-dak-part-4-historicon-list.html


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic mate! Reckon I'll just knock off a little bit of early war stuff for Barbarossa then join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis a little trick to build a force before the army lists come out, but I am sticking with the theme of BGK uch as 3 vehicle platoons, a couple of AT guns, the odd AA, off board artillery etc. I'm going to initially go with generally light forces, lots of recon forces and armored cars, backed up by infantry and a small wedge of armour. I know I'm going to have to get a small Italian force too at some point!

      Delete
  2. Nice one feller, 15mm I presume ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed, all resin vehicles by Battlefront. Planning to add some PSC PzIIIs and IVs and watching what they out with for the Blitzkrieg era Brits too.

    ReplyDelete