I was looking for pics of this the other day and discovered I hadn't posted any back when I made this in Sep 2023. Fixing that now so I don't loose the pics.
I was at MOAB one year and as ever was fawning over John Bond's fabulous scratch-built terrain. He is a dental technician by trade and makes amazingly detailed tables by hand. He showed me some log cabins that he had made from garden twigs etc and I was inspired to give it a go myself.
Rather rough and ready - perfect for a Frontier cabin - so happy as a first effort, though I'd do lots differently next time to neaten up the doors. Shingle roof is single piece made from coffee stirrers and is removable.
Just realised I never got around to doing the stone top of the chimney either, but for a bit of free battlefield scatter terrain it works well!
Do yourself a favour and take at look at John's tutorial here and the rest of his blog - inspiring stuff!
https://iagsmgm.blogspot.com/2022/03/scratch-built-log-cabins.html
No comments:
Post a Comment