02 December 2021

November Hobby Roundup

A busy month but other than the separate Shamrock Cup report there wasn't much on the Hobby front, having moved job/house once again and relocated the Man Cave back to Sydney.  Excitingly, both Reilly and I are signed up for the upcoming AHPC Season XII, which I always love.


Before I packed up the painting station I did manage to add a model to my Traitor Astartes squad. This time it was a fallen marine from the Lamenters Chapter, of Badab War fame. I did him as the Squad Leader Champion, armed with a lightning claw and plasma pistol.  Not wanting the yellow colours to be overly bright, I freely added chipping and streaking grime in a grimdark style, which helped the eye lens and plasma coils pop better. Plus blood splatters of course...



While the hand painted chapter symbol isn't as neat as I would have liked, I quite like the overall look of the model. Here is the traitor gang so far all together (posed on my recently built but not yet painted apartment block terrain)



We were also excited to see GW re-releasing Dungeonbowl so that will be under the tree for us this year, and the on-pitch mayhem will move underground. Reilly is also working on getting his new Khorne team ready for action.  With his new job he splashed out to get some star players as well, with his very first Forgeworld order - such a right of passage!


Finally, I have been musing about the future of this blog. I find it is mostly of use only to myself these days with scant reach out, and I wonder about the utility or relevance of continuing it into the future. Perhaps blogger has had its day and there is a better platform to use now? I do like Twitter for a quick Hobby fix but on the other hand it doesn't have the depth for AARs etc. Not sure- would welcome commentary on the topic and the utility of personal blogs in general. On one hand I suspect they may have had their day.

8 comments:

  1. Hello old chap,

    The past 6 months have been quite a challenge for me in respect of the real world and this has impacted on both my own and in reaching out on others. I still read them though and enjoy the distraction in doing so. I enjoy writing mine when I can get to it and as such it has been enormously valuable to my well being. AAR are always good to read and also to share hobby plans - the resulting support can be very motivating!

    All the best old chap,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, appreciate the feedback. I hope that future is brighter than ever for you and the family :-)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy reading blogs but don't comment as no google account etc and doing so anonymously seems a bit wrong. Know several who have given up recently though.
    Enjoy reading yours over years so would be shame see it go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the blog. It's a format that allows you to do more than the other platforms do, and it has a lot of history to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to disagree with that, which is why its a tough choice

      Delete
  4. I feel their utility has been undermined by platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and maybe Twitter. Not to mention outright neglect from El Goog. I plan to continue on this quaint site.

    If I did marines, I’d do Lamenters. I am outraged that you would tempt one to Chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were Renegades in the Badab War, but later realised they had been duped.
      Not all of them were repentant...

      Thanks for the feedback re blog platform mate

      Delete