11 July 2021

Back to the Deathwing

Getting out Space Hulk last week got me in the groove to add some jazz up my Deathwing models. I painted them over a decade ago now in a deliberately grimy style. Having recently discovered the "Grimdark" style of painting, I decided to experiment with enamel washes and chipping effects.




Here is how they were...

and a comparison mid project

Overall I'm very happy and have some characters in progress, but I had forgotten what a pain enamels can be and how long they take to fully dry and cure.

4 comments:

  1. Those look superb, Paul - all hard-bitten campaigners. Space Hulk is such a great game. Always a crowd pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is! Such a classic - one of GW's finest. Thanks mate :-)

      Delete
  2. I’ve always had a soft spot for the Deathwing since the eponymous 1st edition expansion. Nice work rejuvenating (?) these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Loved the story of Cloud Runner and Two Heads Talking reclaiming their world.

      Delete