10 January 2021

AHPC XI: Caesarian Romans (III)

Some additions to my growing Caesarian Roman force:


To oppose Alan's rebellious Romans I have build a third base of eight Legionaries for my white shield legion, and a bolt thrower to provide ranged fire. The Romans were famed for their complex artillery, of which many types were carried in the legions' baggage trains including the larger Onagers and Ballistas for siege work. This one was nicknamed the Scorpion and was one of the smallest, its primary purpose being to provide direct fire support to the Legionaries.

"I bet you a wineskin that you can't hit that big, naked hairy fellow over there"

I did their tunics in a brighter white, to reflect these fellows being occupied with their machinery and not doing all that dirty infantry stuff. I also wanted to try and tie in their colours to the white shields of the Legionaries. The red flowers on the base help tie them into the Legionaries' red tunics too. 

Unlike the rest of the army these are metal figs (Warlord)

These new units complete this component of the Army for now. Next I will be progressing other supporting elements and the Army's command figures.

"Form Wedge!"


The army project thus far, all painted during this challenge (all Warlord figures)

3 comments: