26 April 2020

ANZAC Day

ANZAC Day with a difference this year for my 30th year in uniform: distanced but not forgotten.

No masses gathering for the traditional Dawn Service. No Marches, no beers with mates at the pub, no playing 2-Up.  Instead there was a big push on social media to stand at the end of the driveway or be in a prominent place to stand and remember.  My family did so and I felt it was very genuine.

Dawn over Sydney Harbour from my balcony
It was a very still morning, and one could hear bugles and trumpets playing Last Post across the water. Very poignant.

Mrs Man Cave replicated the traditional post Dawn Service big slap up brekkie we usually have at the pub, God bless her
This is the ANZAC display at my current Joint Task Force - a small but meaningful spot to reflect on our Service and the Service of others before us.

Lest We Forget

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you found a way to be a part of ANZAC day mate. I could hear quite a bit from around my way too. There's something quite poignant about hearing the last post echoing up and down the bush gullies around my house. Thank you for your service!

    ReplyDelete