19 August 2019

August Hobby Update

The last few weeks have been good hobby wise.  I came home to find Alan had painted us up matching forces for Mortal Gods so we have been enjoying that a great deal, pitting his forces from Megara against my polis of Melos:
Naturally, all the hoplons are hand painted


Alan laments are rare setback on the battlefield
Reilly and I rediscovered our Blood Bowl treasures and had a few games. 1 win to him and 1 tie but lots of fun all round. Now considering playing in the upcoming MOAB tourney...


A painted a couple of fun things from 1st Corps:

There is a black sheep in every family!
I just had to have this priest for an Objective marker in Mortal Gods


And I found out there will be 2nd edition Frostgrave released in June next year, which is very exciting! https://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.com/2019/06/frostgrave-second-edition.html

And now I'm off on a holiday to Norway for a few weeks - cant wait!


10 comments:

  1. Great pics Paul. The Greeks look excellent, I keep meaning to buy the excellent flock of sheep as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray - yes it is a fun little piece that I enjoyed painting up

      Delete
  2. Great pics Paul. The Greeks look excellent, I keep meaning to buy the excellent flock of sheep as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, how do you like 'Mortal Gods'? I've been sorely tempted with that one, but it looks like it could get fiddly with all the cards and accouterments. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the rules - easy to learn, hard to masters. lots of recognisable mechanics that we have liked from a range of games. Not fiddly at all actually - the cards are very useful

      Delete
    2. Good to hear - perhaps I'll take the plunge then. Thanks for the follow-up Paul!

      Delete
  4. Looks good- I like the sheep as well! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A flock of sheep! Looks great!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete