23 April 2017

British FIW Command stand

Over the weekend I completed this project, which I've been working on for a few weeks.

The is a British Senior officer is a Front Rank figure from the SYW range, as is the staff Officer (he is from their artillery crew collection). The hound is from Warbases and I painted up with the same colouring as one of my beagles :-)

Overall I'm thrilled with how this came out and think its probably my best work to date, aided significantly by how consistently I've been painting since Christmas.  Now to put him on the table and find out if he is a seasoned and clever Officer, or an ignorant man of entitlement...

23 comments:

  1. Oh now that's nice. Always struggle with 'natural' things like fur and wood, that looks really natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job, the dog is a cute and splendid addition....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I was inspired by General Cornwallis having his hounds with him on campaign in the movie "The Patriot"

      Delete
  3. That is absolutely stunning Paul, the Beagle is just the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, most kind! I think so too :-)

      Delete
  4. Top notch painting and a great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful command stand! Love the Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous mate! Front Rank stuff is just wonderful for this period especially. Love the fact the beagle has a "family resemblance" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy. I got a large package so expect more Brits from me, and some new French from Dux

      Delete
  7. Top notch painting and a great scene.

    thanks for sharing...

    www.golden-slot.com
    gclub

    ReplyDelete