20 April 2014

Easter double-header match

On Easter Saturday, the Man Cave hosted a double header set matches for round 2 of our Rookie League Season.  Right Stuff's Sherthor Scorchers faced off against the Chaos team Fatal Femmes, while my own Chaos Dwarf team, the Darkland Decimators, played the Dark Elf Team of the Century.  On a lovely Autumn afternoon we played side by side on the balcony, and good fun it was!

Sherthor Scorchers VS Fatal Femmes
Right Stuff reports: The first half started with me kicking to the chaos scum and a quick two turn turn over with me scoring. 1-0. I kick to him again, 3 turn turnover and I score.Half ends with me up 2 nil but I have 3 players in the Cas box.

Second half starts with quick sideline fence off play, as I set the score at 3-0 with 6 turns to go. I kick to him and I am losing numbers at this point; I only have 6 players on pitch about now and my defensive setup was pretty pathetic with me running out of lineman. The first thing he does this drive is kill my thrower but the apothecary with his medicinal magic managed to just bring him back but he will still be injured until after the next game. Then the casualties start rolling and he scores. 3-1.   The then turned me over as I only have 4 players left and leaves me with one player, my newly strength boosted catcher at the end of the drive and scores again with 1 turn to go. 3-2. As I cannot bring any of my KO's back before the games it ends at 3-2. A win to the elves but with 8 casualties for the chaos worshiping filth - next game I'll have 4 journeymen!
On the bright side, the only lasting Elf injuries were two AV busted linemen
Result: 3-2 Win to the Scorchers despite an 8-0 casualty count for the Femmes: ouch!

Darkland Decimators VS Team of the Century
Kicking off to the Dark Elves, the game started well for the Chaos Dwarves after a few early casualties (including my first ever foul action, using a hobgoblin) to get a player advantage.  I then managed to turn over the Dark Elves and score on them then hold out to be 1 nil up at half time.  The second half started equally well and I was 2 nil up with just 4 turns to play.  A place any coach should be confident, right?

The Dark Elves scored on me in two turns with some impressive moves and all I had to do was hold out 2 turns for a win.  Then I got a touchback, put the ball into a Bull Centaur's hands and galloped him up to go for the extra SPPs and see him skill up after the game.  Nuffle did not not approve of my greediness and tripped up the bull - despite me having sacked the only player in range to score.  The Dark Elves then pulled off an impressive array of ball pickup, multiple dodges (some into tackle zones), sprints, a handoff in a tackle zone, and a long bomb to get a turn 8 equalizer and grab the draw.  Frustratingly impressive - you have to hand it to any coach who can pull that off all without any re-rolls in the hand!  Still, I walked away with a draw and you cant complain about that :-)
Bull Centaur Baron Burzak only narrowly avoided being sacrificed in the Locker Room after the match...
Result: 2 all draw, Casualties 3-1 to the Decimators

It was a lot of fun playing with another match going on next to you - thanks to James and Matthew for enjoyable afternoon!

Post Game Management

The Scorchers had a Catcher skill up after making 2 TDs, taking the safe but reliable Dodge skill.

The Decimators had a Bull centaur skill up with Block, and Chaos Dwarf skill up with a double to take a second Claw skill on the team.  I think that Claw is one of those skills you can overdo, but having a second one on the team means its harder for the opposition to isolate or remove.  I dont' think I'll take any more though and want getting Prehensile Tail for future mutations to go with the Tackle the Chaos Dwarves come with: I think that could have great synergy.

As a result of this Second round, the league ladder looks thus and I was most surprised to see I'm in in second place by number of TDs, and with the league's violent player with 3 casualties in 2 games.

TeamRace
Coach
team
value
tied
lost
pointsTD scoreCas score
(kills)
UnforgivenUndead
Big Pete
990k
200
403 - 16 - 3
(3-1)
Darkland DecimatorsChaos Dwarf
Paul O´G
1,040k
110
304 - 35 - 2
(0-0)
Surf n TurfKhorne
Virral
1,080k
110
303 - 22 - 2
(0-0)
Team of the CenturyDark Elf
Matthew R
940k
110
303 - 22 - 7
(0-1)
Sherthor ScorchersElf
Right Stuff
760k
101
244 - 41 - 9
(0-1)
Brutomax BrootsOrc
Lelruthus
1,110k
101
242 - 26 - 1
(1-0)
Lords of DamnationChaos
Simon M
1,100k
101
242 - 10 - 5
(0-1)
NecroMangaNecromantic
Peter M
980k
011
142 - 32 - 5
(1-2)
Fatal FemmesChaos
James H
1,130k
002
82 - 58 - 0
(1-0)
Gargoth GargoylesChaos Dwarf
Andrew O
960k
002
80 - 25 - 3
(1-1)

8 comments:

  1. Great way to spend the day! Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Paul! Awesome garden too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice place to play a game.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice Easter sunday.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I see what you mean about not been over until it's over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely balcony and nice way to spend some Easter quality time!

    Good luck in the rookie league and please do share some pics of those two lovely new teams of yours!
    Cheers,
    Axt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything can happen and frequently does!
    It seems that the crazier the play, the more Nuffle smiles upon you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure will Axt, will pose some team photos this weekend if I can

    ReplyDelete