21 February 2010

Redemption 40K Tournament-Game 1

The Battlefield....moments before two Greenskins hordes descend upon it........
WAAAAAGGHHH!!!! My guys are coming from left to right......
A bad day to be a Dark Angel...........
My shoota boyz and Wierd boy close on the left most objective, supported by my Battlewagon with a heavy weapons squad embarked.....
Last turn (which was Turn 2 mind you) of the game, my ladz clamber up the hill to claim the only uncontested objective.
'Dont worry ladz, I'll cover you!!'
Just thought I'd provide a quick run down with pics of my experience of a 1500pt Warhammer 40K tournament held here in Adelaide by my game club. It won't be blow by blow just key events and scenario overview with lessons learnt.32 players, 4 games with pre deterimined missions for each.
Game 1 was a Seize and Hold with Pitched battle deployment, for which we rolled 4 objectives. One of the objectives was replaced by the Fallen Dark Angel. The Redemption theme of the tourney centred around a Dark Angel falling from grace and attempting to gain redemption by sabotaging the war efforts of passing armies...we gained bonus points for capturing(defeating in close assault) the DA and holding him at games end. He was an immobile shooting character who was pretty damn tough in Close assault, and he basically just shot the nearest unit regardless of its affiliation.The twist (issued by the Tourney organiser to each pair after deploying their armies) was that each objective was surrounded by a Strength 4 minefield causing D6 hits to a unit every time it moved within 3 inches.
I was playing as Orks for the tourney and my first game was also against Orks in a Greenskin Civil war....my opponent had 4 varying sized Boyz mobs, a trukk and Battlewagon and his piece de resistance, a 9-Meganob (Ork terminators) unit with Mad DoC Gritsnok as the leader. He captured the DA turn 1 as the objective in front of him we rolled as the DA start position and then held him throughout the game. I swung my lads well away from that Mega Death unit and focused on capturing the objectives. My highlight was Turn 2 when I managed to kill 50 of his orks with a combined assault of my Warboss with 3 Meganobs and a 30 Boyz unit. Orks on the charge are a frightening thing...as per the pics, my Deff Dred (Dreadnought) provided covering fire for my other 30 boyz squad as it basically withdrew from his Meganobs. I won that one 1 objective to nil, although my opponent got some nice bonus points for the DA.

1 comment: